Appointment of DMM
The following entities can apply to the Exchange for appointment as Market Maker for one or more listed Debt Securities:
- A Securities Broker licensed by the Commission. OR
- A Scheduled Bank. OR
- A Development Financial Institution. OR
- An Asset Management Company for and on behalf of a Collective Investment Scheme as defined under the Non-Banking Finance Companies and Notified Entities Regulations, 2008. OR
- Investment Finance Services license holder (IFS). OR
- Primary Market Dealers (PDs) registered with the State Bank of Pakistan for market making of Government Debt Securities. OR
- Any other Company notified by the Commission.
Provided that above entities must hold valid respective license(s).
How to apply/register as DMM with PSX
For appointment as Market Maker, the Eligible Entities shall apply to the Exchange by submitting an application specifying the name of listed Debt Securities for which they want to act as Market Maker.
Provided further, that Eligible Entities can act as Market Makers for one or more listed Debt Securities.
Provided that PDs shall only be required to inform the Exchange about the listed Debt Securities for which it wants to act as Market Maker.